Laura Esswein, M.D.
Dr. Esswein treats children and adults with allergies, asthma, and immune deficiencies. Prior to joining AAFAC in 2020, she practiced at Mercy Clinic St. Louis for 23 years.
Raised in St. Louis, she completed her undergraduate studies at Washington University in St. Louis. She received her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Missouri-Columbia, and completed a pediatric residency at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. She continued her fellowship training in Allergy and Immunology at Washington University, where she received a training grant from the Immune Deficiency Foundation.
She is board certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology, and has published an article in the New England Journal of Medicine about the immunologic basis of allergic disease, has given numerous interviews regarding allergies for both print and televised media, and has actively participated in the residency training programs for Internal Medicine and Family Medicine at Mercy Hospital St. Louis. Outside of work, she and her husband are raising six children, two of whom have followed her into medicine.
She will see patients in our Sunset Hills office and new West/Chesterfield office. She is very excited to join AAFAC!
- University of Missouri: Doctor of Medicine
- Washington University in St. Louis: Bachelor of Arts, Biology and Ancient Studies
- Mercy Hospital St. Louis
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Member, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology